Tuesday, June 24, 2014

My Autistic Son

(My autistic son is on the right side tallest kid)


When I first give birth to my son (now 11 years-old). I had big hopes and dreams for him. I wanted him to play sports, write, read and everything. I just wanted him to take the world on full speed. I wanted to put him in everything. But as he got closer to one years old I notice he stop being verbal. When he was 11 months old he could say mom, grandmother and father. But when he turned 1 years old he was not talking. I did not know what was wrong. I though he might have been a late bloomer.

I took him to see a therapist at two years old. They told me he was autistic and may never talk and always be different. Thank God that therapist was wrong. My son is 11 years old talking and able to do anything. He is currently in normal class with a special ed teacher pulling him out an hour or two during school. He love school and favorite subject is Math.

This is the first time I ever talked about my feeling of having an autistic child. It was frustrating at first but he is getting older and out growing a lot of the temper tantrums and now know how to express his feelings.

Thank God for my healthy boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

pr

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by PRChecker.info service