Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Raw Footage: Cops smash window, Taser and drag a man out in front of his kids

An Indiana family filed a lawsuit after police drew guns, busted a car window and used a Taser on an adult passenger during a traffic stop. A little girl can be heard crying in the background of the video as police broke a window, used Taser and drag an unarmed man from the vehicle. Lisa Mahone, woman speaking in the video said she was pulled over Sept. 25 by Hammond police for a seat belt violation as she drove with her boyfriend and their two children to a Chicago hospital, where her mother was on her death bed.

Mahone handed over her license and proof of insurance. The police then asked her boyfriend, Jamal Jones, for his ID. Jones told police he didn’t have an ID because he had recently gotten a ticket, when reached inside his book bag on back seat to show them the ticket. Officers drew guns on the couple and their 14-year-old son and 7-year-old daughter. The teen boy began recording the encounter on a cell phone. The officer guns prompted Mahone to call 911 in fear for her life and her children’s lives. She can be heard speaking to the 911 dispatcher.

Mahone told WFLD-TV “Oh my god, he’s pulling me over like I robbed a bank, the whole situation was just crazy.” Jones said "So once the kids were scared, I wasn't gonna get out of the car and leave my kids in the car. He was being so aggressive." "I don't know you and I don't know what you're going to do," an officer told Jones. He responded, "That's why I have my windows up. I'm not no harm to you right now. I got my kids in the car and you're drawing your weapon."One of the police officers took out their baton to smash the window. Police officer used Taser on Jones and dragged him out of the car. The couple filed a federal lawsuit Monday against the Hammond police department, stating the officers overstepped their authority.

No comments:

Post a Comment

pr

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by PRChecker.info service